- Survey: High mortgage rates are keeping many Americans from buying a home June 8, 2023Nearly two-thirds of Americans say they are waiting for mortgage rates to drop before entering the market, according to a new survey.
- Mortgage rates decline following debt ceiling deal June 8, 2023Mortgage rates fell following the debt ceiling deal, but uncertainty over the Fed's plans have kept them elevated.
- Home equity levels decline 0.7% year over year: CoreLogic June 8, 2023Collective home equity dropped an average of $5,400 per homeowner between Q1 2022 and Q1 2023, marking the first decline since early 2012.
- Encompass by ICE Mortgage Technology delivers an all-in-one workflow for omnichannel lenders June 8, 2023Encompass by ICE Mortgage Technology is the industry’s most complete end-to-end solution that provides the flexibility and configurability needed to deliver a next-generation lending experience for every channel, all from a single system of record.
- Is the sinking housing market finally at the bottom? June 8, 2023Market experts offer their insights on the state of mortgage financing and what a ‘new normal’ housing market will likely look like.
- For the title industry, new tech means new opportunities for fraudsters June 8, 2023As the title industry has gotten better at combatting wire fraud and even seller impersonation fraud, criminals looking for larger paydays have turned to mortgage payoffs.
- Median income earners can only afford 25% of current listings June 8, 2023A report from NAR and Realtor.com found that the housing shortage would be less severe if there were enough homes for all income levels.
- Mortgage demand weakens even as rates drop from near record highs June 7, 2023Mortgage rates declined last week from a recent high, but total application activity slipped for the fourth straight week, the MBA said.
- Freddie Mac rolls out affordable housing program for Native Americans June 7, 2023Freddie Mac announced on Wednesday a new affordable housing program focused on boosting homeownership for Native Americans on tribal lands.
- Affordability issues continue to impact home buying and selling perceptions June 7, 2023High home prices and mortgage rates are continuing to constrain affordability in housing markets nationwide, impacting consumer perceptions.